Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 29, 2013

(UPDATED) Spotted: New NYX products for 2014 (BB Cream, Butter Lipsticks and more!)

Update: More pics just added to the bottom of this post! I've also received pricing for all of the products featured (see info below each pic).

Many thanks to two lovely readers for these sightings! NYX is releasing lots of new products for 2014 and many of them have just landed at Ulta!

First up, reader Kratrina of All The Beautiful Colors blog found the following displays at her local Ulta and was nice enough to share:

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
New NYX Infinite Shadow Sticks
(retail: $8.99 each)

Shockingly smooth
Waterproof
Smudge Proof
Crease Proof
Long Lasting

It looks like these are twist-ups and, in terms of packaging, probably more like Revlon Balm Stains than the old Glam Shadow Sticks. A closer look at the shade range:

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX BB Cream and Radiant Finishing Powders
(retail: $12.99 and $8.99)

It looks like the new BB Cream comes in three shades. There are two different Radiant Finishing Powders:

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
NYX Radiant Finishing Powder in Brighten

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
NYX Radiant Finishing Powder in Sunkissed

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Blotting Powders
(retail: $11.99 each)

Takes away shine
Kissed with the barest hint of pigment
Gives that Classic Hollywood Glamour Finish
Resists setting into fine lines

Could these be a possible dupe for the MAC Blot Powder?? There are also three new Dream Catcher Palettes:

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Stormy Skies

I believe that these are baked shadows. To see what these palettes look like when opened, check out my NYX sneak peek post from July, here.

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Dusk til Dawn

image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Golden Horizons

Reader Mia also spotted some new displays at her local Ulta and was nice enough to share some pics with us. Here's the display for the Dream Catcher Palettes:

image credit: Mia for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Dream Catcher Palettes
(retail: $14.99 each)

image credit: Mia for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Lush Lashes Mascara
(retail: $6.99 each)

There are a whopping SEVEN different mascaras here, and it appears that the formula of all seven might be the same, with the difference being the brushes (you can see the different brushes on the top of the display). 

image credit: Mia for Nouveau Cheap 
New NYX Butter Lipsticks
(retail: $5.99 each)

The highly-anticipated Butter Lipsticks have landed! There are twelve shades in this display and a quick google search found me this link to swatches of several of them (I am loving the look of Pops). Also, reader Lois of Shades of Beauty Inc. swatched three shades on her Instagram yesterday. Lois has a deeper skintone than the person in the first swatches I linked to above, so her pics can give you a better idea of what these might look like if your skintone falls into the deeper end of the spectrum. Also, if you want a closer look at the packaging, check out Lois's pic here.

UPDATE: Thanks to reader Mei Mei (meimeismakeup on YouTube) for these additional photos:

image credit: Mei Mei for Nouveau Cheap
New NYX Tinted Moisturizer
(retail: $9.99 each)

With just a hint of pigment, this creamy moisturizing formula glides on effortlessly to cover minor imperfections, leaving you with a natural finish.

image credit: Mei Mei for Nouveau Cheap
New NYX Blotting Powders
(retail: $11.99 each)

And here's another look at the new Blotting Powders. I really hope these are dupes for the MAC Blot Powder!

What do you think of these new-for-2014 products from NYX? Are you excited to give any of these a try? Have you spotted these displays at your local Ulta yet?

Thanks so very much, Kratina, Mia, Mei Mei and Lois for the great sightings and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. The lipsticks are amaaaaazinnnng. Nice and creamy. I ended up picking up three of them. They're fantastically pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen all of these at my Ulta except the mascara display. The palettes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYX products!! Can't wait to try out the Brighten finishing powder and the blotting powders. I have been using Mac's translucent loose powder but getting very tired of the mess it makes when travelling. Time to find something different. :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I like Hunk but have too many others like it. Pops seems like a my lips but better do that's a plus since I just miss placed my Sally Hansen. I have been wanting to be daring and Licorice looks like just the one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta get my hands on some of those lipsticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Ulta seems to get everything late. Especially drugstore makeup. I can find things at HEB, Walgreens, CVS, etc. at least a three weeks before Ulta. They just got the Maybelline balms. They just got the new Sally Hansen hard as nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will want to get the BB Cream. And the Butter Lipsticks will surely have at least ONE shade I can't live without.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a Nyx buying spree next weekend (if they have them at my local Ulta). The Lip butters and eye shadow palettes are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to stop using NYX, I hated to but almost every single product contains mineral oil (Petrolatum, Paraffinum, Paraffin, etc) and parabens. I have been trying to cut out using products with these two products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, those butter sticks!!! I'm diggin' Pops, Little Susie (made me think of Teslas cover of the Phd song Little Susie's On The Up) lol, Fireball, Sweet Tart, and maybe Hot Tamale, Taffy and Snowcap...Snowcap scares me a bit as it looks like the milky type shades that have a tendency to pool up in the lip lines. Pops is a sure thing, must get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want those eyeshadows!!! Great pics, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw these at my local Ulta (Chicago) and I want to say I was so psyched for the testers! I swatched a ton, it's so helpful and no need for people to swatch every product making them gross, yeah NYX!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are 3 colors not in the ulta display that I must have Lollies,Candy Buttons and Cotton Candy went there today and bought 8 of the colors but of course The 3 listed above are not in the dislay which means online ordering it will be

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are 3 colors not in the ulta display that I must have Lollies,Candy Buttons and Cotton Candy went there today and bought 8 of the colors but of course The 3 listed above are not in the dislay which means online ordering it will be

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to stop by my Ulta! I'm most interested in the lipsticks and possibly the Sunkissed powder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cant't wait to get my hands on a couple of these lipsticks! Also I really feel like my skin has been so dull lately and one of Finishing Powders in Radiant will fit the bill! I am not sure which one yet...maybe both!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like a few of the Butter lipsticks, like Mary Janes and Hunk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, my interest is quite peaked at the butter lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, you had me at mascara! ;-) And am I the only one who finds it kinda refreshing that they did a tinted moisturizer?! It's nice to see after the BB and CC crazes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw all these displays at my Ulta in Southaven, Ms and stood there for over 30 mins picking out what I wanted and I am very, very happy with my choices :). Thanks for keeping us up to date G , it helps out so much. Happy New Year G and every lady that reads your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg I so didn't need to see this. I am suppose to stop running out to buy all the new cosmetics I want & just select a few. But I have to get those lipsticks. I have a $5.00 off coupon that is going to expire so I have to use it right. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The eyeshadow sticks are amazing!! They do not budge..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish we could get some reviews going on the radiant powders....I'm EXTREMELY curious on how they compare to the bobbi brown ones....Being there obviously SUPPOSED to be a dupe and the almost 40buck cost differences!!! I've almost bought bb one a couple times hopefully I'll be glad I did and they be as close in results as they are in appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the NYX BB CREAM, actually makes my skin look flawless! Can wear with or without foundation.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig